One of the best ways to get your Schengen Visa, is by applying for the Czech Republic tourist visa. This visa gives you free access to all the Schengen Member States, and means that you can travel for as long as 90 days in any 180 day period. Read more about the Schengen tourist visa on our blog to get up to date on all the rules and regulations!
The Czech Republic is a small, but charming country bordering to Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria. It’s known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere, affordable cost of living and charming vintage European architecture. Its capital, Prague, is a definite traveler favorite, and a must-see for all travelers going on a Euro trip. It’s a perfect place to start your back packing adventure in Europe, thanks to its vicinity to back packer favorite Germany, as well as being relatively close to France and Italy (mind you, most countries in Europe are easy to reach with a train or plane ticket!).
If you want to know how to get your Czech Republic tourist visa as fast as possible, you’ve come to the right place.
The first thing you need to figure out, is which documents are mandatory, and how much time they take to obtain. Naturally, you (hopefully!) already have your passport handy. If not, this is by far the first thing to get in order! Getting a passport copy is easy enough, and a passport photo machine or agency will fix your photos. One of the most important requirements for any Schengen Visa, the Czech Republic tourist visa included, is having a valid Schengen Travel Insurance.
Fortunately, we offer Schengen Travel Insurance, for great insurance plans that all meet the Schengen Travel Insurance requirements, as well as being affordable and offering super fast customer service. All Schengen Travel Insurances must comply with the following requirements:
- A minimum coverage of €30,000
- Valid for the entire duration of your stay within the Schengen Area, plus an additional 15 days
- Cover all emergency medical expenses, plus any repatriation to your home country
WHO HAS TO APPLY FOR A CZECH REPUBLIC TOURIST VISA IN ADVANCE?
There are always exceptions to every rule, and to say that only citizens of fellow Schengen Member States are eligible for Visa On Arrival in the Czech Republic, is wrong. Which is good news, because it means more travelers than just Schengen member countries citizens have visa-free travel in this wonderful country. Below is a list gathered from the official Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Czech Republic of which countries that are granted Visa on Arrival, and don’t require a Czech Republic Tourist Visa.
If you are a citizen of Schengen Member State or a EU member country (this includes UK nationals, even after Brexit) you do not need to apply for a tourist visa in advance. In addition, if you are a holder of a passport from any of the following countries, you don’t need to apply for a Czech Republic Tourist Visa in advance (certain restrictions apply):
- ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA*
- COSTA RICA
- EAST TIMOR
- HONG KONG
- MARSHALL ISLANDS
- NEW ZEALAND
- SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS
- SAINT LUCIA
- SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
- SAN MARINO
- SOUTH KOREA
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
*some restrictions apply, check the details at MZV.CZ
If you hold a passport for any of the countries listed above, you don’t need to apply for a Czech Republic tourist visa in advance!
If not, don’t worry; applying for an getting your Czech Republic tourist visa isn’t as hard as you may think. Just follow our guide, and you’ll be all set with your visa application in as little as 24 hours, and get your application approved in 1-2 weeks.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR A CZECH REPUBLIC TOURIST VISA:
Even though we do our best to uncover ALL the mandatory document requirements for each country, there are always some exceptions. We advise you to always call your local Embassy in advance to double check if there are any additional requirements in your situation, to make sure you have everything ready when you submit your Czech Republic Tourist Visa application.
Below is a list of the most common mandatory requirements that apply to everyone applying for a Czech Republic Tourist Visa:
- Your original passport – Make sure your passport is valid for at least 3 months after your intended date of departure, and not be older than 10 years. Preferably a lot newer!
- Filled out Schengen visa application form
- Visa fee (usually €60)
- 2 passport photos; (these must have a white background, the whole head visible, and size 2×2 inches)
- Passport copy (including both sides of the passport, and copies of previous visas).
- Flight itinerary -com has what you need, when you need it. We can get you your authentic, verifiable flight reservation in as little as 24 hours – often quicker! For a small, onetime fee, you solve one of the most frustrating problems travelers encounter when applying for a Schengen visa. Don’t believe us? Check out all of our testimonials from our happy customers!
- Personal covering letter – Your personal covering letter is extremely important to get your visa application accepted. Read our article on Personal Covering Letter For Schengen Visa.
- Proof of financial means – Call your local Embassy to find out the exact requirements for you in this case – they can vary a lot, and by calling them in advance, you avoid lacking any documents when submitting your Czech Republic Tourist Visa And that way, you also avoid possible delays!
- Hotel reservation – Another pull-your-hair-out requirement from the Schengen Member States. But if you’ve already checked out our options for your flight reservation, you’ll already know that we also offer hotel bookings, or flight and hotel bundles! We have the cheapest rates on the market, as well as being the fastest and most secure! We handle the entire process; all you have to do is book, print and submit.
Congratulations! You’ve read our entire guide on How To Get Your Czech Republic Tourist Visa Fast, and you are good to go! If your Embassy requires you to show up for a personal interview, don’t be nervous! It’s standard procedure, and all you need to do is present all the required documents, and show them how much you are looking forward to your amazing Europe trip.
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy the above post and want to read more?
JOIN OUR Weekly Newsletter Right Now!