If you want to visit the home country of the happiest people in the world, you need to know the Denmark visa requirements. The Danish people have been ranked #1 on the United Nation’s World Happiness Report in 2013, 2014 and 2016. In 2015 Denmark came in at a “mere” third place, but there is definitely no doubt that the Danes know how to enjoy life. Denmark’s flat geography is a bicyclists’ dream, and their well-known meats will tempt any connoisseur. Whether you are stopping by the world’s happiest country for just a few days, or for a longer stay, you need to apply for a Schengen Denmark Visa. To make sure that your visa application is accepted, we have compiled all the Denmark visa requirements for you!
Understanding the difference between EU countries and Schengen countries can be a little challenging. At Schengen visa flight reservation we offer FREE visa consultations via WhatsApp for all your visa questions. Wondering about Denmark visa requirements? Drop us a message on WhatsApp (+1 201-554-8735) or e-mail through contact us page, and we will get right back to you!
If you already know that you are applying for a visa to Denmark, continue reading to find the Denmark Visa requirements.
Checklist for Denmark Visa Requirements:
Everyone who is planning to visit a country in the Schengen area, needs to apply for a Schengen visa. There are different types of Schengen visas, depending on your intended travel route. If you are just going to one country in the Schengen area, you would apply for a single entry Schengen visa. If you want to leave that intended country and come back again, you would apply for a double entry Schengen visa. And lastly, if you want to visit several Schengen countries, you would apply for a multiple entry Schengen visa, and you would have to apply at the embassy of the country you intend to visit first. Below are the specific Denmark visa requirements, and are all mandatory, so make sure you have all of it:
- Passport – Not more than 10 years old, and valid for at least 3 months after the expiry date of your visa. If you have any valid visas for Schengen/UK/USA/Canada/Australia, you must also submit a copy of these pages
- 2 passport photos that adhere to the passport photo rules
- Copy of the first two pages in your passport, and valid visas
- Proof of financial means – According to the official portal for foreigners in Denmark, nyidanmark.dk, this sum varies between 350-500 DKK (Danish Kroner) per day for the length of your stay, depending on your type of accommodation.
- Travel Insurance – A Schengen travel medical insurance document is vital not only in regards to your visa application, but also to ensure your own safety when travelling. At Schengen visa flight reservation we can help you with a travel insurance document that not only abides to the Denmark visa requirements and your travel safety, but that’s also at a low-cost for the budget minded traveler.
- A filled out application form, you can find that here.
- A personal covering letter for Schengen visa. Read our article on the covering letter here!
- A valid return flight. Note! The official website for foreigners in Denmark gives the following information:
The Immigration Service recommends that you do not buy a plane ticket before receiving your visa. However, local agreements between Schengen countries representations may imply that you must have bought a plane ticket, why you should check the embassy’s website, to find out which documentation is required when submitting a visa application.
Some of the Denmark Visa requirements contradict each other, and this is a good example. In order to help travelers like yourself in fulfilling this requirement, we have made it possible to purchase a valid flight reservation without booking the ticket itself, for a low price and with 24/7 customer service! You can purchase through PayPal, giving you full security with your purchase.
- Visa fee
- One of the Denmark visa requirements is that you need either an official invitation from a host in Denmark, or a valid hotel reservation for the entire intended trip: At Schengen Travel you can get a valid hotel reservation for any dates you choose in any country and for any visa application for the price of a few cups of coffee. There is no cancelling risk involved, and no hidden fees. Quick, simple and safe; we deliver the itinerary to your inbox in 6-24 hours, you can reach our customer service 24/7, and we have PayPal payments available for your safety. If you are in hurry and want your flight reservation for visa on urgent basis so go with Schengen travel super fast flight itinerary plan.
- You must not be registered as an “undesirable” in SIS (Schengen Information System)
- You must not have been deported from Denmark previously and given an entry ban
- You must not be listed on UN or EU sanction lists
As always there can be slight differences in the Denmark visa requirements depending on what country you are from, so make sure you call the Danish embassy in your country to double-check your list of requirements. Also make sure you allow for enough processing time, but note that most embassies don’t allow you to apply for a visa more than 90 days prior to your intended travel date.
Let us know in the comments below how your Denmark visa application went, and if our list of Denmark visa requirements was of help to you!