Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?
Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa? Austria One of the beautiful Member State of European Union. It is estimated that an approximate of 30 M visa have been granted in 2019 for worldwide Travelers, the numbers are expected to increases every year.
Types of Austrian Visa to Enter Austria?
There are Two different types of visas 1} Short term visa and 2} Long term visa, you can apply any type of visa depend on the purpose of Travel to Austria, if you plan to visit Austria for a Short visit (up to 90 days) You have to apply for C type Tourist visa for shot stay. Below are the visa type you can apply as per your purpose of travel.
- Austria Airport Visa – This type of visa is for the one who need to transit through any of the Austrian airports to travel their destination country outside of Schengen area.
- Austria Tourist Visa– This type of visa is for the one who intend to visit Austria for holidays or sightseeing.
- Austria Visitor Visa– This type of visa is for the one who need to visit friends or family members residing in Austria.
- Austria Business Visa– This type of visa is for the one who want to attend business-related activities in Austria.
- Austria Visa for Official Visit– This type of visa is for the Official Delegations traveling to Austria on an official trip.
- Austria Medical Visa– This type of visa is for the one who need to seek medical treatment in Austria.
- Austria Study Visa– This type of visa is for the students who wish to study a course for up to three months at an educational institution in Austria.
- Austria Visa for Cultural, Sports and Film Crews– This type of visa is for the group of people intended to attend any activity belonging to this category in Austria.
What Documents are required while applying for an Austrian Schengen Visa?
Below are the list of documents required for any short-term Austrian Schengen visa application:
Austrian visa application form Fill the form accurately. Once done Print the form and sign it at the end of the form.
Two identical Passport photos. The photos should be recent as per passport format, See Schengen Visa Photo Size, Requirements and Specifications
- Your Valid passport :
- Passport should be valid at least 3 months beyond the intended date of exit from Schengen States
- Passport should contain at least two blank pages.
- Copies of your previous Schengen visas (if applies).
- A cover letter. Describing the purpose of your visit to Austria along with the detailed trip itinerary.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary. Detail itinerary with the travel dates and flight details specifying entry and exit from Austria.
- Schengen Travel Insurance. Confirmation letter from the insurance provider that you have obtained the travel insurance for Austria and the whole territory of Schengen area, with a minimum 30,000 € coverage and Zero deductibles for medical emergencies during your travel.
- Proof of accommodation. Confirmed Hotel reservations for the complete duration of your stay in Austria.
- ID Proof / civil status. Birth certificate, Permanent Residence proof etc.
- Proof of sufficient funds during your stay in Austria.
Documents Required for Schengen Airport Transit Visa from Austria
- A valid visa of the destination country one is travelling to.
- The flight ticket to the destination country you intend to travel to.
Find below the list of nationals who must obtain an Austrian Airport Transit visa during their transit through Austria.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, , Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar/Burma, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Turkey.
Documents required for Schengen Tourist Visa to Austria
In addition to your documents: you must provide below documents in detail.
- Proof of sufficient funds during your stay in Austria.
- Bank statements. Statement from the bank preferably for the Past 6 months.
- Detail travel Itinerary.
- The Main reason of your travel to Austria.
- Duration of your intended visit (the intended dates you enter and you exit Austria).
- Confirmed hotel/hostel reservations during your stay in Austria.
- List of intended Places or activities you plan during your visiting.
Documents required for Schengen Visitor Visa to Austria
The following additional documents are required if you plan to visit your family or friends in Austria.
- Proof of financial Source. Proof like Bank statements that ensures you have sufficient funds in bank during your whole stay in Austria.
- Sponsorship Letter. When someone is sponsoring your trip to Austria. It is must to provide Sponsorship letter, it is also called an Affidavit of Support.
- Travel Itinerary. A detailed itinerary of your trip to Austria, including:
- The Reason of your travel to Austria,
- Confirmed hotel reservations in Austria or an invitation letter from an Austrian resident.
- Proof of invitation. If you have been invited to visit Austria by a friend or a family member. You need to submit the below documents as well.
- Invitation letter by the host duly signed.
- Passport copy or Residence Permit copy of the host.
- Electronic Guarantee Letter (EVE). Your host must apply for an EVE at the local police office in their city of residence. The Concern authority will forward the information to the Austrian Embassy within 48 hours. Your host will receive an ID-number, which you should provide at the visa interview.
- the following documents are asked from your host to receive the EVE:
- Host’s Passport or ID Card.
- Police Registration.
- Recent bank Statement.
- Recent pay slip.
- Rental/Tenancy Agreement.
Visa Applicant Details:
- Applicant Passport number.
- Applicant date of birth.
- Applicant place of birth.
- Applicant address.
Documents required for Schengen Business Visa to Austria
The following additional documents are required to obtain an Austrian Business visa
- Invitation letter from the Austrian company: mentioning the purpose of your visit to their company and the intended dates of your visit.
- A certificate from your employer: Employer must certify the reason why you will be travelling to Austria.
- Business bank statement: Preferably for the last 6 months.
- Memorandum and Article of Association: It should be submitted in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Proof of trip funding: Whether the employer or the partner company must state coverage of applicant’s expenses during their visit to Austria on the letter or invitation.
Documents required for Schengen Student Visa to Austria
You need to provide the following additional documents when applying for an Austrian Student visa:
- An enrolment certificate from (school / university / etc.), in Austria.
- No objection letter from the Austrian educational institution where you are currently enrolled (if applicable).
Documents Required for Schengen Medical Visa to Austria
The below additional documents are required when you apply a visa for medical treatment in Austria.
- Medical reports. Confirming that the further treatment needs to be done in Austria for the specific reason which must be issued from a doctor / hospital in your home country.
- A medical attestation from the hospital in Austria, confirming your medical situation and the date of your appointment with the hospital.
- Payment receipts of medical fees.
- Hospital Confirmation of the treatment in Austria.
- Proof of sufficient budget for medical and other related expenses during your treatment.
Documents Required for Austria Schengen Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Events
You must provide below additional documents for Austrian visa to attend any religious /cultural / sports event in Austria.
- Invitation letter from the event organization in Austria mentioning details like the nature of events or activities that are going to be held in Austria.
- Event’s entry tickets.
- Enrolment conditions.
- Detailed event program.
- Relevant information about the event like the document that mentions all the Names of the applicants (crew members) and other.
Proof of Participation in previous international events, like winner’s certificates, proof of world/international ranking (sports), Festivals and ceremonies (cultural, religious),
Documents Required for Austrian Schengen Visa for the Wife/Husband of an Austrian Citizen
The below documents are required to get an Austrian visa as the spouse of an Austrian citizen.
- Austrian citizenship Proof (Austrian nationality ID card / naturalization order / consular card).
- Austrian marriage certificate.
- Austrian family record book.
Austrian Schengen Visa for Official Delegation Members
The below mention documents are required to get an Austrian visa as a member of an official delegation.
- The official invitation copy.
- Proof for the purpose of journey: like (event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations, meetings etc.)
Process – How to Apply for Austrian Short-Stay Visa?
You must follow the below mentioned steps In order to complete the application process.
- Find out where you need to apply for a visa to Austria.
- Choose the right Austrian visa type: You must choose the right visa type, based on the purpose of your travel to Austria,
- Collect all the documents as defined by the Austrian embassy: Make sure you collect all the documents which complies with the type of Austrian visa you are applying for.
- Make a visa appointment with the Austrian Embassy/Consulate or a visa application Centre you are applying at.
- Attend the visa interview at the Austrian Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
Where to Apply for an Austrian Short-Stay Visa?
- At the Austrian Embassy
- At Austrian consulate
- At (Visa Application Center) to which Austria has outsourced visa submission
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Austria has outsourced visa submission
Who can apply for a Schengen Visa at the Austrian Embassy / Consulate / VAC?
- If Austria is the only country you intend to visit.
- If Austria is your main destination and you intend to visit other Schengen state then you must consider the below points to apply with Austrian embassy.
- Duration of Stay: You should plan to spend more number of days in Austria, than in the other countries you intend to visit.
- Port of Entry: If you intend to enter the Schengen state through Austria as your port of entry.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Austrian Visa?
The Visa processing time may take up to 15 days normally, in some cases, it may go to 30 days due to high numbers of application process during seasons or the uniqueness of the case. In exceptional cases the processing time may go to 60 days. Due to this you are highly recommended to apply for your Austrian short-stay visa not earlier than 90 days prior to your departure date to Austria.
Austria Entry Restrictions Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus outbreak in mid-march of 2020, Austria as well as all European Union and Schengen states have imposed entry ban from third-country Citizens. Currently Austria has lifted the entry ban for citizens of the following third-countries due to improved epidemiological concern.
- Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Uruguay Travel warnings are currently in place for 36 countries by Austria due to the outbreak of Coronavirus.
Nothing we love more than making a mark and helping our clients succeed.
About Schengen Travel
We aim to simplify our client’s visa requirements, by providing instant service like flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa and much more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, China, UAE, Philippines, Europe, Nigeria and all worldwide countries. Please feel free to contact us for any visa related services instantly.
Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa? ,Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?, Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa? ,Austria Visa Application Requirements and Process – How to Apply for an Austrian Visa?
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy the above post and want to read more?
JOIN OUR Weekly Newsletter Right Now!