Italy Visa Requirements in General:
Italy Visa Requirements Italy is the 5th most visited country in international tourism arrivals. In order to satisfy European country visa necessities, there’s a generic list of documents that you just ought to provide the embassy, regardless of that kind of Italian visa you’re applying for. The list includes the subsequent documents:
· Correct Application form punctually filled out
· Valid passport with validity of at least 6 months
· 2 passport-sized photographs (Schengen Visa Photo Size)
· Travel insurance with a minimum coverage of euro 30,000.
· Round-trip flight reservations or a whole travel itinerary
· Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation
· Previous three months Bank statements
Who Requires a Schengen Visa to Enter Italy?
You will need a short-stay visa to enter Italy and any other member country of the Schengen States,
If you belong to one of the following categories:
- If you are the citizen of a country that has not undergone a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states
- In case if you are the citizen of a country that has signed a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen countries, but you were denied from entering Italy or any other Schengen states.
Italy Entry Requirements
All EU / EEA nationals will solely have to provide identification document to enter European nation, due to the common travel space of the Schengen Zone.
If you are a non-EU/EEA somebody want to go to European nation, San Marino or Vatican, you will have to be compelled to fulfill following requirement at the Italian port of entry, in order to get entry:
· A valid passport or travel document. Valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond their planned date of Exit from Schengen.
· A visa – if they’re subject to Italian visa regime.
*British citizens (passport holders) are exempt from the standards of passport validity and issue date. Other documents such as an invitation letter from an Italian host, proof you have got the money means for a visit to European nation or a return ticket, is also needed from you. For accurate data with this regard, contact the native diplomat services of European nation in your country of residence.
Moreover, the Italian border officer could raise you few queries relating to your trip
What is your purpose of visiting Italy?
How long does one intend to stay in Italy?
Where are you reaching to stay in Italy? Etc.
Note that the Italian border police holds the decision if you shall be allowed to enter European nation or not. If the Italian border officer concludes that you just aren’t any risk for European nation, upon checking your documents, you’ll be granted to enter European nation, and thus the Schengen territory.
ITALY VISA REQUIREMENTS AND TYPES OF ITALIAN VISAS:
Types of Italy Visa (Italy visa requirements)
- Uniform Schengen Visas (USV): valid for all the Contracting Parties’ territories, issued for
Airport Transit (type A) (Airport Transit visa)
Transit (type B), (Transit visa)
Type C (Travel-Visas) Type C visa valid for up to 90 days, for single or multiple entry. Permits 90 days to stay in any half of the year and are valid for one (C1), two (C2), three (C3) or five years (C5).
- Limited Territorial Validity Visas (LTV) these type of visa is valid only for the Schengen State whose representative issued the visa (or in particular cases for other Schengen states where specifically named)
3. Long sojourn or “national” Visas (NV), which are valid only for visits that are longer than 90 days (type D), with multiple entries, in the territory of the Schengen State Type D visa Travelers are permitted to move freely in Schengen states other than the issuing one for a period of 90 days per half-year with a valid visa.
Tourist visa – Generally people apply for Italian tourist visa which is the most popular visas for leisure or tourism purposes. Those looking to visit Italy for less than 90 days this will be the one to apply for. As per Italy visa requirements for a tourist visa application, the following documents are required to be submitted to the embassy.
Sponsored Visa: Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- last 6 months Bank statement
- Passport copies
Business visa – This visa is for people who are progressing to visit European nation for temporary work connected criteria. The documents needed for applying for a business visa are:
· Invitation letter from the Italian company you may be visiting and their address beside your travel dates
· A letter from your Company stating/allowing your business travel
· Bank statement from the last Six months
· The invite letter should conjointly mention however the expenses of the applicant goes to be lined throughout his/her travel. It should be created clear whether it’ll be sponsored by the applicant company or the native Italian company.
Visa for cultural activities, sports or film team – this can be a special visa given to candidates who wish to visit Italia to participate in cultural or sporting events. This visa conjointly grants permission to film crew to shoot a movie in Italia or to attend events. Documents needed to be submitted to fulfill Italy visa needs for this class are:
· Invitation letter from the involved authorities with details of the nature of events or activities. This letter should conjointly mention the aim of visit also as however expenses are covered
· List of names of all applicants (crew members)
· Duration of stay
· Travel itinerary
Student visa – This class of visas is needed just for candidates who intend to study in associate Italian establishment, conduct analysis or perhaps endure some quite instructional coaching and internship for less than six months. The documents needed to be eligible for this visa are the following:
· An enrollment certificate of a proposal letter showing acceptance into a course or coaching program
· Certificate of completion or courses attended earlier
· Financial sustenance or proof of sponsorship/scholarship
Official visit visa – If the aim of your travel is to attend intergovernmental conferences, consultations, negotiations or events, this is often the visa you may want. The subsequent documents can got to be shown to the embassy so as to be eligible for this visa:
The official invite copy
Identity of applicant
Purpose of Travel (intergovernmental organizations events, meetings, consultations, negotiations)
- Duration of stay
- Details of accommodation
As per Italia visa needs, a transit visa is needed if you foresee stay of some hours in Italia before heading to your destination. However solely candidates from some countries got to get this visa. The list includes the subsequent countries:
- Democratic Republic of the Cong
- Sri Lanka
In order to urge airport transit visa in Italia, you’ll got to submit a copy of your valid visa of your final destination country. A transit visa isn’t needed if you intend to remain among the international transit space within the airport.
Hopefully this article Italy Visa Requirements help you understand clearly.
Nothing we love more than making a mark and helping our clients succeed.
About Schengen Travel
We aim to simplify our clients visa requirements, no matter form where or which country visa they seek for by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, China, UAE, Philippines, Europe, Nigeria and globally. Please feel free to contact us for any visa services required instantly.
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy the above post and want to read more?
JOIN OUR Weekly Newsletter Right Now!