If you are planning to visit Germany this summer, you should start preparing visa application for your Germany tourist visa as soon as you can.
Germany is known for everything from the Holocaust to Oktoberfest, and is a country that never ceases to surprise you with its long stretching historical roots, beautiful scenery and vibrant night life and music scene. Did you for example know that the capital of Germany, Berlin, has more bridges that Venice in Italy? Check our guide for the requirements for Germany tourist visa, and guarantee that your visa application is good to go.
Knowing exactly what you need and how to get the required documents can be a challenge for many travelers. If you have any questions about our articles, feel free to contact us! Schengen visa flight reservation offers free visa consultations on WhatsApp. Have questions about Germany tourist visa? Send us a message on WhatsApp +1 201-554-8735 or e-mail, and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We have 24/7 customer service available!
Germany Tourist Visa Requirements:
If you are planning to visit a country in the Schengen area, you need to apply for a Schengen visa. There are differences between the Schengen visa types, for example there is single entry, double entry and multiple entry. If you want to visit Germany once; choose single entry. If you want to leave Germany and come back, choose double entry. If you want to visit more than one Schengen country, choose multiple entry. But keep in mind that you have to submit your Schengen visa application at the embassy of the country that you intend to visit first.
Below are the specific requirements for a Germany tourist visa, all of which are mandatory. Let us know if you have any questions to the list, and we’ll get right back to you!
- Passport – Passport must be in good condition, and be valid for at least 3 months after your intended date of departure, and must also have at least two empty pages. Also include a copy of your passport, and any valid or invalid passports
- The requirements state that you need 1 passport photo that adheres to the passport photo rules, but we recommend always bringing 2 photos
- Filled out application form – The official Schengen visa application for is free, and can be found here.
- Germany requires some nationalities to fill out and submit the so-called “Declaration” with their Germany tourist visa application, which can be found here.
- Visa fee
- The purpose of your travel; also called Personal Covering Letter for Schengen Visa – we have written an article explaining the Personal Covering Letter for Schengen visa here.
- Proof of financial means – An application for a Germany tourist visa requires statements from your bank for the past 6 months, with confirmation by the bank
- Travel Insurance – This insurance needs to be valid for the full duration of your stay in the Schengen area, in all Schengen countries, with a minimum coverage sum of €30,000. Schengen visa flight reservation can help you with a travel insurance document that meets the requirements of Germany tourist visa, as well as insuring your safety and coming at an affordable price. Contact us on WhatsApp today and let us help you!
- A valid return flight. The requirements are a bit vague on this one; you are advised not to purchase a ticket, but you still need to give information about your arrival and departure. To make this easier for you, Schengen visa flight reservation has made an affordable and effective solution; for a low price you get a valid and authentic flight reservation delivered straight to your inbox and ready to be submitted to your Germany tourist visa application in only 6 to 24 hours. Send us a message on WhatsApp or check out our price plans to see which one suits your visa application needs.
- One of the requirements for a Germany tourist visa is that you need to present a hotel voucher or confirmation of hotel. In case you don’t know when or where in Germany you want to stay yet, you can simply contact Schengen Travel and we will help you set up a hotel itinerary for your Schengen visa application in no time. You don’t have to worry about any risk; we are available 24/7 and accept both credit cards and PayPal payments for your safety. (Read Why Schengen Travel Services Are Best?)
- Some individuals are also required to show proof of their roots to their home country when applying for a Germany tourist visa. This means showing proof of your employment or business, or if you are a student you need to show your school/university certificates. As this varies from nationality to nationality, it’s very important that you double-check your specific requirements!
Even though we do our best to compile a complete list of the Germany tourist visa application requirements, there are always differences depending on your nationality. It’s vital that you always call your local embassy in advance to double-check if you need to submit further information with your visa application. Don’t get caught off guard or risk having your visa application rejected for lacking a few documents!
Let us know in the comments below how your application for a Germany tourist visa went. If you feel like our article was helpful, we’d love it if you’d give us a Like on Facebook, and spread the word about our services! 🙂