Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC)
Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC) : Consulate General of Italy in New York serves nationals and residents of following states in the United States of America: New York, Connecticut,
New Jersey counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren.
Types of Schengen Visas processed at the Consulate General of Italy in New York
There are different types of visas offered depending on your reason for travel to Italy. You must know which visa you should apply for your travel,
- Tourist Visa – Holiday or Vacation purpose only
- Business Visa – Business purpose
- Study Visa – Study purpose
- Subordinate work Visa – Temporary work visa /or seasonal workers
- Independent work Visa – Self-employed visa /or starting a company
- Residency Visa – Living in Italy
- Family Visa reasons – Non-EU citizens related to EU citizens
- The family of US military personnel – Families of US military personnel stationed in US or NATO bases
- Medical Visa – Getting medical treatment for any ailment
- Religious activity Visa – Participate in religious events
- Airport Transit Visa (ATV) – Change planes on Italian territory
For each of above visas type you can apply for either:
- Single entry visa – Single entry during 90 day period
- Double entry visa – Double entries during the 90 day period
- Multiple entry visa – Multiple entries during the 90 day period
How to Apply for Schengen Visa from the United States in New York (NYC)
Citizens of United States do not require to apply for a Schengen visa, However they are allowed to visit Italy up to 90 days with a valid passport. Except the Nationals all other civilians residing in the United States need to apply for Schengen Visa.
Applications for Schengen Visa must be submitted at the VFS Global centers. Here is the link to know detailed information on application process for visas, e visa’s or permits and VFS centers locations please visit VFS Global website
You must submit your application personally at VFS global centers, during your submission applicant will be asked to provide 10 fingerprints along Application. You will not be asked for finger prints if you ever had provided your fingerprints within 59 months of your earlier application submission.
Eligibility to apply for a Schengen Italy visa in New York
Applicant must check if he is eligible before applying for an Italian Schengen visa at the Consulate General of New York,
• Applicant must be a non-US citizen and/or a permanent resident of the United States.
• Applicant must reside under the jurisdiction of the New York consulate
• Applicant should not hold a B1/B2 visa.
Making an Italian visa appointment
Applicant must apply at least 15 days before your intended travel date. Applications will not get processed if applied before 90 days of planned trip.
Applicant can directly book an appointment online at the NYC consulate using the official Italy visa appointment booking page
Preparing Italy visa application documents for submission
Applicant must get prepared the list of documents for visa once the appointment get confirmed.
You must promptly prepare and submit all the required documents, fail to do so will lead to reject your visa application.
All the original documents along with photocopies must be provided. Foreign documents like date of birth certificate, marriage certificates etc. must get translated into English and properly legalized.
The required list of documentation includes:
- Fully filled digitally and signed (Schengen Visa application form)
- Passport (Issued within the last 10 years, and should be valid for 3 months after the trip, Copies of previous visas (if any) and 2 free pages for visa stamping)
- Proof of recommended funds for (Non-US resident visa/Residence card/I-94/I-20/I-797/Advance Parole/IAP66)
|Up to 5 days: €269.60 per person/€212.81 for 2+ people|
|6-10 days: €44.93 daily per person/€26.33 for 2+ people|
|11-20 days: €51.64 per person/€25.82 for 2+ people. Plus an additional €36.67 per person daily/€22.21 daily for 2+ people|
|20+ days: €206.58/per person/€118.79 for 2+ people. Plus an additional €27.89 per person daily/€17.04 daily for 2+ people|
- 1 x recent photo ( Passport-size, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, must show the whole face on a light background) check Schengen visa photo size requirements and specifications
- Onward and Return flight reservation (Book Reservations with instant delivery)
- Proof of accommodation (Book Hotels with instant delivery)
• Hotel booking. (The offer of hospitality/Letter of invitation/Host’s ID)
- Proof of financial means (3 months bank/credit card statements)
- Proof of working status
- · Pay slips for past 3 months
- · Invitation letter with inviter’s ID (get free invitation letter format)
- · Registered business license of Italian company
- · Noc (No Objection Certificate) or Employer Letter (get free NOC or employer letter format)
- · Business registration/license
- · Bank statements past 3 months
- · Income tax returns.
- · Student ID
- · Driving license
- · Enrolment letter from an Italian university
- · Letter from US university
- · Bank statement/Credit card statement
- · Details of scholarship/financial aid/sponsorship letter
- · Medical insurance for the first 15 days (Get travel insurance instantly) · Parent’s permission letter to travel and financial support responsibility
- Proof of participation in any type of event
- Birth and/or marriage certificate
- Proof of travel insurance (Get travel insurance instantly)
- • Up to €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation
The Schengen Visa Interview
Visa Interview is the main part of the visa process, visa approval of the applicant mainly depends on this interview, and applicant must know all the details provided during application submitted online as the interview question mostly will be asked related to your application details provided. All the documents must be complete, signed, and photocopied, and make sure you have everything properly aligned.
Some of the most common questions you may be asked during your interview:
- What is the purpose of your visit to Italy?
- How long are you going to stay in Italy?
- Is this your first trip to a Schengen countries?
- What do you plan to visit in Italy?
- How do you assure that you will return to your home country?
Listen to the interviewer carefully and answer precisely and clearly when responding.
Applicant must pay the visa fee depending on the type of visa applied, payments are accepted either in cash or money orders.
|Type of Visa||Fee|
|Italian Schengen visa||$70.00/€60.00|
|Italian Schengen visa (minor ages 6-12)||$41.00/€35.00|
|Long Stay National visa||$135.00/€116.00|
Receiving your visa
Once you are done with the interview it can take 7- 15 days to know whether your visa got approved or rejected, in some cases which is very rare it may take 90 days also. Your visa will get stamped on your passport and will be mailed in a pre-paid envelope which you need to provide if you will to get your passport by mail. It can take 7-90 days to know whether your visa got approved or rejected.
Here is the contact detail for the Consulate General of Italy in New York:
- Address: Consulate General of Italy, 690 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065-5009
- Website: Italian Consulate General NYC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (212) 249-4945
- Hours: Monday to Friday; 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- Please visit the official website for updated information
- Nothing we love more than making a mark and helping our clients succeed.
About Schengen Travel
We aim to simplify our client’s visa requirements, by providing instant service like flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa and much more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, China, UAE, Philippines, Europe, Nigeria and all worldwide countries. Please feel free to contact us for any visa related services instantly.
Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC),Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC). Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC),Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC), Apply for Italy Schengen Visa at Italian Consulate in New York (NYC)
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy the above post and want to read more?
JOIN OUR Weekly Newsletter Right Now!