Austria is a country of so much diversity, that the reasons for trying to find out the Austria visa requirements are probably as many as the country’s attractions themselves! Today is a big day in Austria, as the famous Moto GP motorcycle racing event is being held at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Styria, Austria. During this weekend Austria is experiencing a definite peak in visitors!
Austria is a small country in Europe, with spectacular scenery that is just as much enjoyed with a skiing trip in the Alps in the winter as a summer get away that combines the rich café culture in Vienna with hiking and sight-seeing around the country side. Most Non-European visitors will be required to apply for an Austria tourist visa in advance, so in this article we will take a closer look at the Austria visa requirements.
One of the most important things to remember when applying for an Austria tourist visa, is the fact that you need travel insurance. Travel insurance for the Schengen Area is non-negotiable, and needs to meet certain mandatory requirements. These requirements are:
- A minimum coverage of €30,000
- Valid for the entire duration of your stay within the Schengen area (and in sometimes it’s required to be valid for another 15 days after your intended departure date)
- Full coverage of all expenses in relation to medical emergencies, or death
Schengen visa flight reservation warmly recommends Visitor’s Coverage; a great travel insurance company that offers affordable travel insurances that will meet all the requirements for a Schengen travel insurance. Fast customer service, easy lay out and affordable prices make these guys a sure pick and make sure you meet all the Austria visa requirements.
AUSTRIA VISA REQUIREMENTS – DO I NEED A VISA?
With its central location, Austria borders to several countries: Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia! Because of this, Austria is a perfect “hub” for travelers wanting to travel to many different Central-European countries, and many choose to make Austria their first land of entry in the Schengen Area. If this is also the case for you, you will need to apply for an Austria Schengen visa or Austria tourist visa, and even if the requirements for Schengen visa are mainly the same, there are still some individual differences depending on country and who is applying. Read on to check the mandatory Austria visa requirements.
There are some nationalities that are exempt from the visa requirement rule for Austria. This does not only apply to citizens from the E.U., but also other countries. Below is a list of the countries/territories outside the E.U. whose citizens do not need to apply for a visa in advance before visiting Austria (granted that your stay is for tourist purposes only, and less than 90 days of length):
- Albania (biometric passports only)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia-Herzegovina (biometric passports only)
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong (SAR only)
- Korea, Republic (South)
- Macao (RAE only)
- Macedonia (biometric passports only)
- Montenegro (biometric passports only)
- New Zealand
- Serbia (biometric passports only and NOT issued by Koordinacija Uprava)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Taiwan (all passports, if they contain the holders identity number)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
AUSTRIA VISA REQUIREMENTS – Mandatory Checklist
- Passport – Your passport must be in good condition, and be valid for at least 3 months after your intended date of departure. Needs to contain at least two empty pages.
- Copy of your passport, and any valid or invalid passports
- 1 or 2 passport photos (51×51 mm/2×2 inches, white background, full face)
- Filled out application form
- Visa fee (usually around €60)
- A Personal Covering Letter for Schengen Visa – we have written an article explaining the Personal Covering Letter for Schengen visa.
- Proof of financial means – This can be bank statements, pay checks, or a credit card statement. Ask your embassy for more details
- Travel Insurance – See our detailed info on this subject above, or contact us for 24/7 visa assistance on WhatsApp for more information on Austria visa requirements and Schengen travel insurance.
- Valid return flight. All visa applications require a valid return flight, and this is actually also required by your airline. Schengen visa flight reservation has made an affordable and effective solution for travelers just like you; for a low price you get a valid and authentic flight reservation that can be checked on the airline’s website for validity, and will cancel itself. There is no risk for you, and you will still adhere to all the Austria visa requirements. Send us a WhatsApp (+1-224-656-4761) message or check out our price plans to see which one of our plans suits your visa application needs!
- One of the Austria visa requirements is a hotel booking. In case you don’t know when or where in Austria, or Europe in general, you want to stay yet, simply touch base with us at Schengen visa flight reservation and we will help you set up a hotel itinerary for your Austria tourist visa application in no time. We are available 24/7 on WhatsApp and e-mail, and offer simple solutions for your visa application needs. We also accept PayPal for your safety!
There you go! If we’ve missed anything on our list, please let us know and we will update the article ASAP.
In the meantime, Happy Travels and good luck with your Austria tourist visa application!
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy the above post and want to read more?
JOIN OUR Weekly Newsletter Right Now!