If you’re wondering how to apply for Schengen Visa, you have come to the right place! With under a billion inhabitants, Europe accounts for less than one seventh of the world’s total population. That means that there is a heck of a lot of people who will need to apply for Schengen visa before entering Europe. The Schengen Agreement was a treaty created for the purpose of getting rid of borders and customs checks, to function more as a single state within Europe, and as of such, people need to know how to apply for Schengen Visa to get access to all these countries.
A lot of people mistakenly believe that The Schengen Area is the same as the EU, and this is wrong. There are some Schengen countries that are not a part of the EU, and some EU countries that are not a part of the Schengen Areas. Confused much? Don’t worry, we will explain everything you need to know!
If you want, but don’t know how to apply for Schengen Visa, we have created this blog for the exact purpose of making complicated visa matters understandable. If you don’t like reading lengthy blog posts, fear not! We actually offer FREE (yes, free) visa consultation for anyone who needs some extra reassurance, through our WhatsApp number (+1 201-554-8735). We’ve been in the visa application biz for so long, we can help you with the advice you need. And did we mention it’s FREE? Just drop us a message, and we will get back to you in minutes. 🙂
In the meantime, get put your mind at ease by reading through our “How To Apply For Schengen Visa” article to get you prepped for the application process.
How To Apply For Schengen Visa – Requirements:
The first thing you have to remember, is that (unfortunately) the requirements for Schengen Visa may vary from country to country. The required “supporting documents” are in general the same for every Schengen Visa Application, however there are national differences, and your nationality will determine whether you need “further documents and guarantees”. In many cases the embassy will ask you for a letter from your employer stating your obligations in your home country (aka a No Objection Letter for Schengen Visa) or proof of university enrollment etc. Because of this, how to apply for a Schengen Visa will depend much on where you are from, and what type of relationship your particular home country has with the Schengen Area.
How To Apply For Schengen Visa – Which Visa Type Do I Choose?
There are three different types of Schengen Tourist visas you can choose between when you apply. They are the single entry, double entry and multiple entry Schengen Tourist Visas. So what is the difference and how do you know how to apply for a Schengen Visa if there are three of them??
Which one you choose, depends on what type of travel you have intended:
Are you planning on going to only one Schengen country?
Then the single entry Schengen Visa is for you.
Are you planning on going to only one Schengen country, but you want to leave the country in question and return to it at a later stage?
Then the double entry Schengen Visa is your perfect match.
Or lastly, you intend to visit several Schengen countries on your trip.
Then the multiple entry Schengen visa is naturally for you. The only thing to keep in mind when applying for this visa, is that you have to apply for it at the embassy of the country you intend to spend the longest amount of time in; or – if you have no main destination – you need to apply at the embassy of the Schengen country that will be your first port of entry to the Schengen area.
It’s easy to know how to apply for a Schengen Visa if you write down some key words for yourself on how you want to design your trip.
SHORT LIST OF MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR A SCHENGEN VISA APPLICATION:
- Passport and passport copy (both sides!)
- 2 passport photos (remember to check that your photos adhere to the passport photo requirements!)
- Proof of flight reservation – We’ve all come across this requirement at some point or another. The visa application requirements for ANY country will consist of a flight booking for your visa application, but how to apply for a Schengen Visa if you don’t know where you want to go at what time? This requirement has a tendency to stub people’s freedom to be spontaneous, and freedom is the very purpose of the Schengen Agreement, isn’t it? The good news is that you can now purchase a valid flight reservation without paying for the actual ticket at Schengen visa flight reservation, fast, cheap and secure. Just send in your desired travel route, and in 6 to 24 hours later (or even faster) you will have a 100 % valid flight reservation in your inbox.
- Filled out Schengen Visa Application form (get the application form from the website of the embassy you will be applying at). Remember to fill this out neatly, and don’t do any corrections by hand
- Visa fee (varies from country to country)
- Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa: Very important! Your application will be rejected if you don’t have travel insurance, so don’t be worried we are here with you in every step. Our travel insurance for Schengen visa are very cost-effective compared to other insurances, as well as they are guaranteed to meet the requirements to a Schengen Visa travel insurance: a minimum of €30,000 coverage, valid for the entire duration of your stay and it must cover all urgent medical expenses plus “repatriation to your state of residence“.
- Proof of sufficient funds – This requirement is to show that you will not be a financial liability for the countries you are entering. Usually a credit card or bank statement will be enough, but since the requirements differ from country to country, you need to check with your local embassy.
- And lastly; proof of accommodation - if you are invited by a host, showing that you will be staying with your host(s) is usually enough. How to apply for Schengen Visa without a host covering your accommodation may seem like a never-ending task of booking hotels, but there are other options! Schengen Travel also offers hotel reservations and bookings specifically for visa applications.
You provide your desired destinations and dates, and we will book all the hotels for you in an itinerary that will automatically cancel itself! You don’t have to think about anything; once you purchase the hotel booking option, you are all set. All bookings are 100 % authentic until they cancel themselves at no risk for you.
There you have it! Your complete “How To Apply For Schengen Visa”-article designed to make the application process a little simpler for you. Remember that we always have our 24/7 customer service available, as well as our supportive free visa consultations via WhatsApp. Send a message or an e-mail visa contact us page and we’ll get right back to you!
How was the Schengen Visa Process for you? Leave us your comments below! 🙂
Join Our Newsletter
Did you enjoy the above post and want to read more?
JOIN OUR Weekly Newsletter Right Now!